Kenya Civil Aviation Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, established under CAP 394 of the Laws of Kenya with a Vision “to be a model of Excellence in Civil Aviation” and the mission is “to develop, regulate and manage a safe, efficient and effective Civil Aviation System in Kenya”.
The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following positions in the establishment.
Corporate Communications Officer
Ref No: MCC/ 03
Department / Section: Corporate Communications
Reports To: Chief Corporate Communications Officer
Job Purpose: To assist in the administration of the various communication activities in the section.
Scope of work / duties / responsibilities
Serve in Corporate Communication and coordinate all communication and events management activities by:
- Organising events as delegated by the Corporate Communication Manager
- Screening media and all publications with regard to KCAA activities o Drafting communication to internal and external publics as required, including press releases
- Responding to ad-hoc queries from external public
- Implementing and evaluating programmes of information relating to KCAA using appropriate communication tools.
Perform any other duty as may be directed by the Director General from time to time.
- A Bachelors Degree in Public Relations or in a relevant filed such as Communications/Marketing or a Degree in a relevant social science field with a diploma in Public Relations/Communications/Marketing from a recognized University.
- 3 years experience gained in related areas such as events management, press relations, and public relations etc
Knowledge and Skills
- Planning and organizing skills to effectively manage events
- Written communication skills to draft press releases
- An ability to differentiate between what can be communicated and how to communicate; requires diplomacy when information is sensitive
- Ability to develop professional, on-going relationships with internal and external publics
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to send: application letter quoting the job reference No. on the envelope and application letter, copies of certificates, testimonials and a detailed CV indicating current salary and expected salary, day time telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the address below to be received not later than 16th October 2013.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA Complex – JKIA
P. O. Box 30163 – 00100