Employee Type: Regular
Employee Category: Full Time
Under the direct supervision of the CHP manager, the CBR Officer will be overall in charge of the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) program at Kakuma Refugee Camp.
He/she will ensure provision of quality services to persons living with disabilities
- Develop a work plan for all CBR activities
- Design a comprehensive training plan for the community based rehabilitation program staff.
- Directly supervise the occupational and occupational therapists.
- Plan, organize and assist in the conduct of occupational and physiotherapy activities in the health facilities and community settings and supervise the occupational and physiotherapists in the same
- Take a lead in identifying persons with disabilities in the community, in collaboration with the community health promoters
- Supervise and support the occupational therapist in organizing psychosocial therapeutic group sessions for persons with disabilities, parents, careers and guardians
- Participate in training parents and guardians of children with developmental disorders on life management skills.
- Organize and supervise the distribution of mobility devices to persons with disability
- Organize and maintain a database for persons with disability
- Organize and supervise community mobilization and awareness sessions on disability to the refugees
- Coordinate service delivery at the various CBR sites and other IRC facilities
- Coordinate client`s referral for rehabilitation services
- Coordinate visiting consultancy visits targeted towards persons with disabilities
- Ensure program supplies are ordered and distributed in a timely manner
- Keep inventory and records for all program items and supplies.
- Submit weekly and monthly reports on the CBR sector as scheduled
- Keep the management informed on all significant developments in the program.
- Represent the CBR sector in internal and external coordination, planning and review meetings so as to clearly articulate achievements, challenges and unmet needs in the sector
Key Result Areas:
- Training for community based rehabilitative workers as well as facility based CBR staff is conducted
- An up to date database of persons with disabilities maintained
- Ensure quality delivery of occupational therapy services at all the CBR sites
- All CBR activities implemented as per annual work-plan
- Ensure that the national and staff refugee staff in the CBR department are managed and developed properly in accordance to the IRC HR policies
- Diploma or higher training in Occupational Therapy or related field from a recognized training institution.
- Registered with the Kenya Occupational Therapists’ Association (KOTA).
Required Experience & Competencies:
- At least 5 years work experience in working within a community setting
- At least 3 years experience of working in a resource poor setting and/or camp environment is an added advantage
- Language preferences: Fluency in Turkana/ Somali an added advantage.
- Must be a good team player
- Must be flexible and culturally sensitive
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation skills
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Apply for this job: